ESPN posted their top 150 recruits for the upcoming 2012 signing class, and there is some local representation.
Les Miles and the LSU Tigers have 3 current commitments on the list.
LSU commitment, Avery Johnson, a WR from Pompano Beach, Florida, is the 42nd overall player rated. Dutchtown's Landon Collins is slotted in the 51st spot.
Other LSU pledges that dot the list are Woodlawn's LB Torshiro Davis (71st) and LB Ronnie Feist of West St. John (131st overall).
Another Louisiana product, outside linebacker Lorenzo Phillips (6'1-200) from Patterson, is the 142nd rated player. Phillips is uncommitted although LSU, Texas A&M, Tennessee, Nebraska and Baylor are his current top choices.
There are 19 players among the top 50 that have already committed. Of the remaining 31, LSU is prominent with 5 of those.
- #11 Travis Banks (6'1-195) safety from Tallahassee, Fla. lists Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Georgia and Miami as his favorites.
- #15 Jameis Winston (6'3-195) QB from Hueytown, Alabama rates Alabama, Fla. State, LSU, Oklahoma and UCLA among his top choices.
- #16 Kwon Alexander (6'2-210) OLB Oxford, Alabama has Alabama, Florida, Auburn, LSU and Florida State as his top options.
- #33 Quay Evans (6'2-312) DT from Morton, Miss. has Ole Miss, Miss. State, LSU, Alabama and Florida State.
- #41 Nelson Agholor (6'1-180) athlete from Tampa, Florida likes Florida State, LSU, Florida, Georgia and Texas.
Looking at the next 50 rated players from #51 to 100, 27 of those players have already made their decision as to where they think that they want to go and have made their decision public.
Out of the remaining 73 players , 6 list LSU among their top choices.
- #51 is Dutchtown safety Landon Collins (6'0-210) has LSU, Alabama, Auburn, Georgia and Miami on his wish list.
- #66 Deon Bush (6'1-177) safety from Miami, Fla. has Miami, Florida State, Alabama, LSU and Notre Dame.
- #91 Vidal Alexander (6'5-320) OG Buford, Georgia has Auburn, Alabama, LSU, USC and Texas.
- #94 Channing Ward (6'3-230) DE Aberdeen, Miss. lists Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Miss. State and Ole Miss.
- #98 Ty Darlington (6'3-275) center calls Apopka, Alabama home. He likes Florida State, Miami, Auburn, Oklahoma and LSU.
- #99 Anthony Alford (6'0-205) athlete from Petal, Miss. Miss. State, Ole Miss, LSU, Nebraska and Southern Miss are his top choices.
Barry Sanders, Jr. (5'10-190) is the 79th overall player on the ESPN list and the 6th highest-rated running back. The Oklahoma prep product lists Oklahoma State, Alabama, Florida State, Stanford and Auburn as the schools he favors.
|< Prev||Next >|